Glorifying God by showing God’s love to people in our community and the world.
Making Disciples by offering hands-on opportunities to meet needs in the community and in the world.
Meeting human needs by feeding the hungry; providing clothing and shelter to those without; caring for those in distress; supporting those who have been buffeted by disaster; and helping those who are oppressed.
Volunteers are always welcome to participate in ministry opportunities on a regular basis or with particular opportunities of special interest.
Some of our ministries include:
- New Day Ministries – An exciting opportunity to help feed homeless teenagers right here in our community
- Adopt-a-family – in participation with Mission Arlington, we meet the needs of a family at Christmas time by purchasing and delivering gifts from a list of needs
- Back to school supply drive – we collect and donate basic school supplies to a local school or to Mission Arlington
- “Big Box” – Gently used clothing is collected at the church to be donated to Mission Arlington
- Blood Drives – we regularly schedule blood donations in conjunction with Carter Blood Care
- Habitat For Humanity – annual contributions of labor and finances
- Literacy Program – we participate in one-on-one tutoring and help teach basic reading
- PCUSA Offerings – Four times annually, we participate in special offerings that are pooled with resources from PCUSA to help people in need locally and around the world
Join us at our monthly meetings on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in room 100 at the church.
For more information please contact the Session Liaison to the Mission Ministry, Joan Townsend.