The Worship Ministry strives to provide an environment that will encourage participants to glorify, worship and celebrate God as they respond to God’s call as disciples.
The Worship Ministry works closely with the Pastor to coordinate all aspects of worship, including the following:
- Assist the pastor in the coordination of multiple styles of worship, including celebration, traditional, and special services.
- Recruit, train, and schedule ushers, liturgists, and acolytes for Sunday and other special services.
- Coordinate floral arrangements for Sunday services, poinsettias at Christmas, palms for Palm Sunday and Easter lilies.
- Arrange for Hanging of the Greens and plan the lighting of the Advent candles.
- Create, maintain, and hang banners appropriate for the liturgical year.
- Periodically review bulletins, recommend changes when necessary, and provide covers for special occasions.
- Provide and maintain children’s worship kits for younger participants.
- Develop, review, and revise worship-related policies such as the Wedding Policy and Funeral/Memorial Service Policy.
- Prepare the table and elements for the celebration of the Lord’s Supper at Sunday services, special services, and home communion.
- Coordinate with the Director of Music to assist and support adult, youth, and children’s choirs, Bell Choir, special instrumentation, and other congregational gatherings intended to make a joyful noise.
- Assist and support the pastor and praise music team to select music and prepare songbooks for celebration services.
The Worship Ministry meets fourth Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. All adults interested in assisting in this endeavor are welcome to attend.
For more information about the Worship Ministry, please contact the Session Liaison, Mark Hellberg.